"Instant Crush" single cover.
|Single by Daft Punk|
|Album||Random Access Memories|
|Release||November 22, 2013|
|Duration|| 5:38 (Album version)|
3:30 (Radio edit)
|Writer(s)|| Thomas Bangalter|
Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo
|Producer(s)|| Daft Punk|
|Daft Punk singles chronology|
"Instant Crush" is a song by French electronic music duo Daft Punk from their fourth studio album Random Access Memories (2013). It features vocals from American musician Julian Casablancas, who co-wrote the song with Daft Punk members Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo. "Instant Crush" was released as the fourth overall single from the album on 22 November 2013. It was number 58 on Rolling Stone magazine's 100 Best Songs of 2013 list.
While working on the Tron: Legacy soundtrack in 2010, Daft Punk met with Casablancas in their studio through a mutual friend. The duo, who are fans of Casablancas' band The Strokes, presented him with an instrumental demo track intended for use on Daft Punk's next album. Casablancas responded favorably to the demo upon listening to it and subsequently provided accompanying vocals, forming the basis for what would become "Instant Crush".
The song as it appears on the album was co-produced and sung by Casablancas, who also performed lead guitar. Daft Punk played additional guitar on "Instant Crush" as well as keyboards and synthesizers. Nathan East performed on bass guitar while John "JR" Robinson played drums and Quinn provided percussion. Critic John Balfe considered the song "appropriately Strokes-ish, even if [Casablancas'] trademark drawl is fed quite substantially through a vocoder." De Homem-Christo noted, "It is true that it is not his usual register, it is the way Julian reacted to the track so for us it is even more exciting."
- ↑ Corradini, Paola. Daft Punk – Instant Crush (feat Julian Casablancas) (Sony) (Italian). Radio Airplay SRL. Archived from the original on 22 November 2013. Retrieved on 22 November 2013.
- ↑ http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/100-best-songs-of-2013-20131204/daft-punk-feat-julian-casablancas-instant-crush-19691231
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Daft Punk Geeks Out On Star Wars, Paul McCartney, Brian Wilson & J.J. Abrams. KROQ-FM (18 June 2013). Retrieved on 22 November 2013.
- ↑ Daft Punk Revient Avec Random Access Memories. Obsession (18 April 2013). Retrieved on 18 April 2013.
- ↑ Random Access Memories (liner notes). Daft Punk. Columbia Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment. 2013.
- ↑ Balfe, John (3 May 2013). First Listen – Daft Punk's Random Access Memories. entertainment.ie. Retrieved on 5 May 2013.
- ↑ McCabe, Kathy (9 May 2013). Daft Punk's human touch in new album Random Access Memories. news.com.au. Retrieved on 9 May 2013.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
- Media related to at YouTube.
|Previous song |
|Instant Crush||Next song |
"Lose Yourself to Dance"