DJ Hero is a music video game, developed by FreeStyleGames and published by Activision as a rhythm game spin-off of the Guitar Hero franchise. It was released on October 27, 2009 in North America and on October 29, 2009 in Europe. The game is based on turntablism, the act of creating a new musical work from one or more previously recorded songs using record players and sound effect generators, and features 94 remixes of two different songs from a selection of over 100 different songs across numerous genres.
Daft Punk featured 11 exclusive mixes as well as in-game avatars and set designs. It was the first time the duo have participated in a video game.
- Daft Punk "Around the World" vs. Young MC "Bust A Move"
- Daft Punk "Da Funk" vs. Queen "Another One Bites the Dust"
- Daft Punk "Da Funk" vs. NASA "Strange Enough ft. Karen O, ODB and Fatlip"
- "Daft Punk Megamix 1" (Around the World, Technologic, Television Rules the Nation)
- "Megamix 2" (Robot Rock, Da Funk, Short Circuit)
- Daft Punk "Robot Rock" vs. Hashim "Al-Naafiysh (The Soul)"
- Daft Punk "Robot Rock" vs. Queen "We Will Rock You"
- Daft Punk "Short Circuit" vs. Boogie Down Productions "Jack Of Spades"
- Daft Punk "Technologic" vs. Gary Numan "Cars"
- Daft Punk "Television Rules the Nation" vs. No Doubt "Hella Good"